Over 50 million brands have active pages on Facebook for Business, but how many are using the platform to it’s full potential?
We know that Facebook can be an incredibly useful tool in helping you grow your audience and gaining new customers if its used correctly. We hear this all the time, but with Facebook adding new features on what feels like a weekly basis, actually using Facebook for Business can often feel like a huge challenge and to be honest, quite complicated.
Fear not! It doesn’t need to be this way. I’ve pulled together this handy list of do’s and don’ts when using Facebook for Business to promote your brand.
- Fill in the ‘about ‘ section of your profile, sharing your business story.
- Upload your business logo and header image (remember you can use short videos now!)
- Post on a regular basis (ideally 2-3 times a day).
- Set up call to action buttons like ‘message me’ or ‘shop now’.
- Tailor your tabs on the left hand side of your page outlining actions you want fans to take i.e. ‘subscribe to PR Burst’
- Go Live on video when you can.
- Pin posts to your profile.
- Use hashtags wisely.
- Plan your posts and images.
- Post videos natively to Facebook i.e. upload them directly to your profile.
- Reply to comments, especially when there are questions to answer.
- Set up your preferred target audience.
- Run promotions.
- Use a recognisable profile picture which is consistent with your other social channels.
- Boost your posts regularly to extend your reach.
- Keep an eye on your analytics to track engagement.
- Think carefully before using Facebook Chatbots – you MUST have your audience in mind.
- Set up a Facebook group to establish a good community.
- Create a profile then never post.
- Over post or post irrelevant information.
- Use your page to aggressively promote your products and services.
- Ignore targeting.
- Post chain statuses.
- Spam followers with Direct Messages (DM’s) or Facebook chatbots.
- Be negative.
- Forget about multimedia i.e. infographics, videos and other visuals.
- Forget to use a clear call to action on your page, your ads and your posts.
- Be afraid to experiment with how and when you post.
- Create competitions asking users and followers to ‘like our page and share this post to win X’ – it’s against Facebook’s rules!
There you have it – a solid list of do’s and don’ts for using Facebook. These should help you navigate Facebook for Business in a way that will help you grow your audience and attract new clients!
Want to learn how to get more fans on Facebook? Read this blog.
I would love to meet you on Twitter. Follow @KD_Comms for all of my updates and feel free to share this post on LinkedIn, Facebook, Google+ or Twitter.
Do you need advice on how to use Facebook for Business? Get in touch with KD Communications now by calling 0191 236 1010, 07941694702 or email email@example.com