Keeping on top of your social media activity can be quite a challenge. Establishing and maintaining a presence, interacting with the right people via the right platforms and making sure you’re in the know about your industry at all times is a full time job in itself.
So what’s the secret to success? Be prepared. Create your own social media activity checklist and follow it on a daily basis. Categorise the tasks that need to be done on a daily, weekly and monthly basis and follow them.
The tasks will be different depending on the needs of your business, but here’s a complete checklist for social media activity.
- Monitor your social media streams
- Respond to mentions and messages
- Interact with customers
- Find and engage with potential customers
- Create new conversations
- Post 3 to 6 times on Twitter, once on LinkedIn, 2 to 3 times on Facebook, once on Instagram and 1 to 2 times on Google+
- Share content from others
- Monitor competition
- Research developments within the social media industry
- Write and publish at least one blog (preferably 2 or 3 if possible)
- Engage with thought leaders
- Run your social media analytics report
- Assess your tactics for the week – look at how you can improve
- Schedule any posts that need to go out during the next week when you’re away from your desk
- Assess your interactions and activity – have you achieved your goals?
- Double check that your activity is aligned with your other promotional activity
- Plan ahead for the next month – what are your messages?
- Add your topics of discussion into your editorial calendar
We would love to meet you on Twitter. Follow @KD_Comms for all of our updates and feel free to share this post on LinkedIn, Facebook, Google+ or Twitter.
Do you need help planning and evaluating your social media activity? Get in touch with us for help. Call 07941694702 or email email@example.com