Don’t you just love Facebook?! With 1.15 billion active daily users, Facebook offers huge possibilities for us to promote and grow our businesses online if we use it properly.
The main way to grow your business is to increase your fan base i.e. your following. Here are 10 ways to get more fans on Facebook:
- Set your Facebook goals: What do you want to achieve through your Facebook page? What types of fans do you want? How many conversions or leads do you want to create? It’s so important before using any platform to promote your business that you have a clear strategy on how you want to use it so it so you can ensure it brings the best return on investment for you.
- Increase the visibility of your page: Do your potential fans know you have a Facebook page? You can make sure they do by:
- Including a link to your page in your email footer and on your website.
- Promoting your page via your other social media channels, i.e. Twitter, Instagram.
- Telling people on your mailing list that you’re on Facebook.
- Sharing the link to your page in groups you’re part of on Facebook when promoted i.e. Social Tuesday, Facebook Friday etc.
- Share good content: Adding value through good quality content will get you noticed. You need to make sure that everything you post is of interest specifically to your Facebook audiences so they like, share or comment on your content. Sharing your content is the ideal way to engage existing fans and access new ones, so do what you can to encourage shares. Post videos natively onto Facebook, make sure your graphics fit its requirements, post events onto your page and you’ll get a better response than simply using it as a publishing tool.
- Be human: Buyers and fans connect with the people behind your business rather than the business itself. Use this as an opportunity to connect with them on a personal level by letting your personality shine through via your Facebook page. Be human and be yourself.
- Create a community: Facebook groups are huge right now. They offer us the opportunity to bring our audiences together for continuous discussions, Q&As, helpful advice and tips and high level value. By creating your own community, you’re able to access people who may not necessarily like your business page but they will buy into you and your expertise through group conversations. You can then encourage them to like your page (which you’re now able to connect to your group. Love a new feature!)
- Use Facebook Ads: Creating an ad is a great way to attract new fans. Give them a reason to take a look at your page – use a good image or video, offer a free download or let them know about an event that will interest them. Do what you need to do to catch their eye and encourage them to like your page or be part of your Facebook community.
- Set up a preferred target audience: This is so important. Make sure you set up a preferred target audience for your page so Facebook can help you target them! To do this, turn on your ‘Audience optimisation for posts’ in your page settings then create ‘preferred page audience’.
- Collaborate: Search for opportunities to collaborate with other businesses, mention them in your posts then ask them to share your post. Doing so will give you access to their audiences and can help you get new fans for your page.
- Keep an eye on your analytics: I would recommend that you check your Facebook Insights statistics on a weekly basis so you can keep checking what posts are working and which ones aren’t. This will help you continuously improve your style of posts so you can make sure your fans are receiving content they want to react to, comment on and share. The more shares you encourage the wider audience you’ll reach and the more fans you’ll attract.
- Go Live: Your fans not only want to hear from you on a regular basis through your posts, they also want to talk to you! Live video is a great way to interact with your fans and share valuable insights on topics that interest them. I would suggest you put time in the diary to go live on your page regularly i.e. weekly, fortnightly – whatever works for you and your fans. Being consistent with your live videos will help you extend your reach on Facebook and attract more engagement.
So there you have it – 10 ways to get more fans on Facebook. Seems easy doesn’t it, but I think you’ll find that it will take time, effort and hard work. If you stick to your Facebook growth strategy then you’ll succeed. Consistency is key! If you want to get new fans and nurture existing ones, you really need to be consistent in your activity and post valuable content on a daily basis.
I would love to meet you on Facebook. Like my page KD Communications to see all of my updates and feel free to share this post on LinkedIn, Facebook, Google+ or Twitter.
Do you need help using Facebook? Get in touch with me for help. Call 07941694702 or email email@example.com